Where to Start and What You’ll Need
State law requires a physician’s referral for physical therapy that includes a diagnosis (i.e. low back pain). You must provide us this referral before our physical therapists can treat you and provide you with specific medical advice on your injury.
Remember it is your choice on where you want to go for physical therapy, the referral doesn’t even need to say Sports Center’s name. You can obtain a referral from any qualifying medical practitioner including physicians, chiropractors, podiatrists, and advanced nurse practitioners. And we’ll gladly suggest a practitioner for you if you don’t have one.
The referral that is required by state law is not connected to your insurance policy. The referral for physical therapy is required regardless if you are using insurance or paying directly out of pocket.
Schedule your consultation if you have had an orthopedic injury or surgery of the muscles or bones. (We do not design rebuilding programs for surgeries or injuries of the hand or jaw.) The purpose of the consultation is to determine if you are a good fit for one of our rebuilding programs. If so, we’ll explain in detail:
- The nature of the program.
- How long it will take to reach your objectives.
- How frequently you’ll need to come see us.
- The criteria for graduating to a program you can manage on your own.
- If you are not a good fit for one of our rebuilding programs, we’ll explain why and do our best to refer you to the appropriate provider or facility.
The steps to take to see us are:
- Schedule your consultation by filling out an online form or calling (512) 206-0433.
- Bring your referral from your doctor, your insurance card and a photo ID.
- Please arrive at your scheduled time to ensure that you have your entire one-hour appointment.
- Bring or wear shorts, t-shirt, and athletic shoes for your initial consult. We have two changing rooms at our facility if needed.
Fees and Health Insurance
You’re probably wondering if we take your insurance and the cost. We understand.
Many of our clients use their third party payer insurance to help them cover the cost of our services. We are in-network providers with many major insurance networks. if you choose not to go through insurance, we also have out-of-pocket options too. Contact us or call (512) 206-0433 and we will gladly check your coverage with your insurance carrier and explain to you exactly what to expect.
Still have questions? Please contact us or schedule a consultation today.